Patient Vs. Client Mentality
The expectations that your clients have for visiting your aesthetic practice are vastly different from what they expect as a patient in your medical practice. You cannot treat these two populations the same or your aesthetic side will suffer. Let’s look at some of the key differences in expectations:
- Come with a medical problem and often expect a prescription to solve it
- Generally fine with waiting in the lobby for 10-15 minutes upon arrival
- Accustomed to clinical settings (and slightly dated interior)
- Understand that they will have limited time with physician
- Not very price-conscious due to insurance coverage
- Come with an aspirational desire for their appearance and want to discover & discuss best options in a relaxed atmosphere
- Expect appointments to run exactly on time and have little patience to wait for anyone including the physician; Will not return if appointments consistently run late.
- Expect a fresh, modern, and luxurious atmosphere throughout lobby, bathrooms, and treatment rooms
- Maintain higher expectations when it comes to quality time with practitioners for consults and treatments
- Extremely price-conscious
Understanding some of these key differences in expectations from patients vs. clients is the first step in designing a better journey for your aesthetic clients. Get to know your clients, poll them for feedback, and make sure you are meeting all of their expectations. When you are ready to go to the next level and EXCEED their expectations- that’s where my new program can really help!
🔎Get on the waitlist now for my Advanced Acceleration Program coming this Fall- The Resiliency Factor https://aestheticsaccelerator.com/tools/